We hope this message finds you and your loved ones in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: Our commitment to safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority at Dr. Andrews’ Office. We are always focused on the health and safety of our patients and dental team. Dr. Andrews and his staff have always been committed to infection control requirements set by the ADA, CDC, and OSHA to maintain a sterile environment. We are up to date with the agencies’ issued guidance and recommendations, and we will continue to exceed these requirements with extra precaution. Our response to COVID-19 is comprehensive and meticulous.
Starting Monday, May 11th, we are opening the office for most types of dental appointments. We would like to tell you about the infection control procedures that we have put in place to keep our patients and the staff safe.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. It is important that you return our confirmation call to answer these screening questions. We will review the screening questions when you arrive to the office.
- We will perform a curbside check-in process via phone call when you arrive to eliminate a reception waiting lobby area. Do not try to enter the office without calling upon arrival. We will come out to greet you at your appointment time and escort you into the office.
- During this check-in process, we have integrated contactless thermometers for temperature checks.
- Masks and gloves will be provided prior to entering the office. You will be instructed to use these when entering the office.
- We ask that only the patient enter the office for the appointment. Family and friends are required to wait outside or in the car.
- We are extending the time between and staggering appointments to keep our check-in and check-out patients separated and to reduce any hallway interaction.
- Appointment times will be longer now for double sanitizing and thorough OSHA standards and screenings.
- Paperless treatment plans, statements, and receipts are available via email upon request.
- All business office transactions will be through telephone or email to reduce interaction in the office.
- We are committed to being extremely intentional with our time, conserve PPE, and to make our community a safer and healthier place.
- We have upgraded our PPE for our staff, including protective eye wear, face shields, closed jackets, masks, etc.
- We are advising you to wear long pants, long sleeves, and closed shoes. Not only will this be for your protection, it will be for comfort as we decrease the temperature of the office. Due to infection control requirements, we will no longer be able to supply blankets for warmth, however you can bring your own.
All of our efforts and focus are geared towards a safe and comfortable environment. We understand that some of you may be homeschooling, at home with your children, working from home, or perhaps you used your PTO and cannot take time from work. We are here for you. Dr. Andrews and his dental team look forward to seeing you again! We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient in our practice, safe and healthy. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we work together. As we restructure our schedule, we are working very hard to get all of our patients’ dental care back on track in a timely manner. We respectfully ask for your assistance to confirm or reschedule your appointment. Please contact us with any questions so that we may get back to providing the care our beloved patients and community expect and deserve. You can also visit our website: DouglasAndrewsDMD.com
Thank you for being a patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our paints, neighbors, and friends.
Douglas T. Andrews DMD & Staff